Sunday 8 July 2012

My #1 Fan...

The other day I came into my studio and Kitty had left a little handmade card for me and included in the card was R46.00 (around $6).  It was the profit she made from her Trading Day at school.  At the back of her card it read... "I hope your art leads you on the way to greatness!  I hope you go to Italy! This is to help! TAKE IT!"

The rest of her card reads as follows...


Dear Mommy,
A Woman....
A woman to me is a lady who is full of wisdom.
She would be inspiring, beautiful, motherly.
Someone who is full of OMPH!
She would be able to see their mistakes and fix them.
She wears clothes that are just right for her.
She is strong and she doesn't care what others think of her.
She is clothed with dignity and laughs without fear of the future.
She is loyal!
She has strength!
Mother dear, you are a Woman!
 
 
I think this has to be one of the single kindest things anyone has ever done for me.  I got rather emotional when I read her card but more so for her exceptionally generous gesture to me but that she just "gets it" or rather just "gets me".  And I guess the most incredible thing is that she is only 11 years old and is just so deeply connected.   Whether Italy happens for me or not... I will never forget her kindness.  I had a beautiful round container in my bedroom and her $6 was the first amount to go into my Italy "Kitty"... which she will always be remembered in my heart, that was something that she started!!!
 
 
This little girl holds my heart for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment