Friday 27 July 2012

To fear or not to fear...

So the more I have shared with people that I am going to Italy alone on this adventure, quest, pilgramage.  It has been met with mixed feelings.  On the most part, people are delighted but some have thown fear at me about traveling alone... which I have to say derailed me a little this week.  I don't think fear is always as bad as everyone makes out.  I guess it's in the place of fear or rather facing our fears that we listen to what it's telling us or prompting us to do.  So my fear prompted me to start my researching Italy properly.  I have spent some afternoons, while waiting in the parking lot for extra murals to end, to start looking at the city of Rome.  To take the "scary" out of it.  I have been emailing and communicating with some friends on Instagram and family who have travelled there often and also made some connection with the ladies doing the course with me, who are also arriving early.  I have also been looking at maps, learning the metro and looking at some accommodation for my first night.  I thought maybe I shouldn't venture into Rome alone but just head straight into Orvieto early but if I do that then I am allowing the fear to control me but I trust, as I choose to be BRAVE that I will find something deeper there, maybe even something deeper inside of me.  After all, how can I get this close and allow fear to miss me seeing this...



Am I out of my comfort zones????  YES - completely.  But then again, shouldn't we all be in this place from time to time and see what is there for us to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment